“Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday dear Tracy
Happy birthday to me!”
So as you know by now, today is my birthday. Each year on my birthday, I take some quiet time to reflect on the past year. Today, I wanted to do something just a little bit different.
In honor of the 40 birthdays with which I’ve been blessed (even though I feel 25, but I digress) I decided to create a list of the 40 most significant lessons I’ve learned so far. I’ve taken care to break them up into increments of 10 so that you don’t get burnt out on what’s going on in my head and the follow-up posts will appear throughout the day. By the way, this list is in no particular order.
So, just what are the 40 things I know for sure?
1. This too shall pass. This is not just a song lyric or cliche.
2. Worrying is silly. Worrying only wastes energy and time. It doesn’t change the outcome.
3. God has been keeping me to Himself. He has His reasons, but I’m ready to be shared.
4. Your purpose will haunt you until you face it. Yes, haunt.
6. “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me” is a lie. Words can kill, but they can also heal. Your choice.
7. Arrogance isn’t always a sign of over-confidence. Sometimes it signals a lack of self-esteem.
8. Unforgiveness is fatal. Spiritually and literally.
10. You already know the answer. You really do.
So what do you think of the list so far? Can you relate?